Saturday, July 26, 2014

What I Learned From The Mayor



This was probably the best Taste of Yorba Linda I have been to. Thanks to cousins Marya Diamond and her husband Bob for the invite. And I must congratulate Bob for being voted Ambassador of the Yorba Linda Chamber!
With a Hollywood stars theme, there was fabulous music by impersonators such as Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and Neil Diamond.

In addition to great music, I was so excited to find several new local food businesses coming to our town with healthy choices too! Epic Noodle has been around for a few years but I never got a chance to stop in. I'm so happy to see that their noodles are Gluten Free!
And check this out ... Coming in August to the location of the old Palomar near the Vons on YorbaLlinda Blvd is Oceans and Earth. An all Organic restaurant with Catering. They source their fresh veggies right from a farm in Brea! I tried their amazing Carrot Cake that was uniquely display in a cute little plastic flower pot with edible flowers and a real (tiny) carrot on top. Very creative! I can't wait for this restaurant to open!

I was happy to see True Shabu there as well. I tried the spicy Edamame and can't wait to go check out some of the healthy choices they have on the menu such as Zucchini Spaghetti, Wild Caught Seafood, and other gluten Free and Organic options!

TapSnap , the leader in open-air, event based entertainment had a fun photobooth that we got to check out with none other than Jack Sparrow! As I exchanged cards with Nadia of TapSnap she handed me a take away gift of 6 fruit filled Godiva chocolates. She only had a few to give out so I was honored and they happen to be my favorite! Thanks so much Nadia and I hope we get to see you at one of our events soon!

I didn't get a card from Wise Guys Pizza but I'm excited to see that they are coming in to the Yorba Ranch Center taking over the old Ranch Enchilada. They do have a gluten free pizza option and they have catering. It will be a nice addition to the center and they will be utilizing the spacious outdoor patio area.

And just before we left, I was personally introduced to the Mayor of Yorba Linda Craig Young. I had a fabulous conversation with him and he really cared about answering some concerns I had about the changes in the city. So much so that he walked us to the car!
I have lived here for over 35 years and have watched this city change so much but never took an active part in voting for change or improvements. Heck I have never even been to a city council meeting. Speaking with the Mayor really makes me want to get involved in this wonderful and beautiful city that I have called home for so long!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...